Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/ .
Who May Apply:
- Current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) employees in the competitive service who are serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here .
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Office of the Director, Privacy Office; Duty Location: Washington, DC.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
THIS IS A NON-BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
As a Supervisory Program Manager over a major programmatic area and/or a critical program segment for which both the scope and effect of the work have department-wide or Government-wide impact, you will direct programs that involve and support the DHS/ICE mission. Specifically, you will:
- Identify and resolve, as applicable, unique issues where no policy exists, taking innovative actions to address new needs and/or issues.
- Practice sound position management when assigning work, combining/separating duties, establishing and abolishing positions, and in fulfilling other human resources management duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that assigned programs and processes are covered by internal controls and that appropriate precautions are taken to prevent fraud, waste, and misuse of resources in accordance with the Federal Managers' Integrity Act (FMIA).
- Direct a program segment that performs professional, technical, and/or administrative work. The program directed and services provided have a significant impact on a substantial part of the department, and facilitates the organization's accomplishment of its primary mission or programs administered nationwide.
- Perform liaison with high-ranking officials in other Federal agencies, top-level managers in DHS, and various governing boards/committees.