Be physically able to lift and carry heavy items weighing over 70 pounds.
Stand and walk for long periods of time.
Possess a valid motor vehicle operator's permit.
Be able to follow complex written instructions.
Be able to maintain animal care records.
Highly Preferred Criteria:
Possess experience in measuring food portions
Possess experience in animals' maintenance, needs and behaviors
Possess experience in cleaning materials.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Ability to work Saturday shifts is required.
5. A pre-employment physical will need to be favorably completed prior to entrance on duty.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Highly Preferred Criteria, Knowledge and Skill in Animal Care Taking, and Communication and Teamwork Skills.
Applicants that have indicated they are not available for the weekend/shift duty outlined in this announcement will not be referred and considered ineligible for consideration.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Please Note: Potentially more vacancies may be received during the recruitment period. In these situations, more than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement. If more than one resume/application is submitted, the most recent submission will be used to determine qualification requirements.