Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 885174
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
NOTE: Applicant's education and length of experience will be considered by a Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and step of the applicant selected.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
The incumbent will work as a member of the Primary Care Service at the Jack C. Montgomery VA Medical Center. The incumbent serves as a Mid-Level (NP/PA) provider in Urgent Care; the following is a list of primary responsibilities:
- treats a wide range of problems, performing thorough histories and physical examinations
- writes orders for diagnostic testing, prescribed medications, and consultation to specialty services utilizing the patient's electronic medical record
- practice in accordance with professional standards, core values, and with a commitment to service excellence
- possess good organizational skills which enable completion of work
- ability to assume leadership in a patient centered program
- ability to establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team
Duty Location: Muskogee, OK; Jack C. Montgomery VA Medical Center Emergency Department
Tour of Duty: M-F, 2:00pm - 10:30pm.
Relocation Incentives: Relocation incentives are not authorized for this position.