Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
Join dedicated outpatient clinical staff whose joint efforts with individuals, families, and communities prevent and treat illness. The Indian Health Service in the Pacific Northwest provides healthcare to American Indians and Alaska Natives living in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who may apply section
Excepted Service Examining Plan Candidates (ESEP)
Merit Promotion Plan Candidates (MPP)
Veteran's Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunity Act Candidates (VEOA)
- visit email@example.com for more information on Who May Apply
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Salem, OR United States 1 vacancy
POSITION DETAILS: One Permanent position to be filled
Salary range: $17.70- $20.64 ( Hourly)
Promotion potential: None
Merit Promotion Position: Yes
Travel Required: No
Supervisory/Managerial Position: No
Relocation Expenses Paid: Not Paid: travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the employee.
Is position covered by PL 101-630? Yes (See more information under the Benefits/Other Tab)
Is drug testing required? No
Is government housing available? No
Is this a bargaining unit position? Yes
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
· Complete facilities work orders that require knowledge of maintenance and construction techniques based on knowledge of facility structure and operations.
· Performs a variety of duties requiring physical abilities.
· Maintains grounds through use of numerous hand tools and mechanical equipment.
· Communicate with team and staff to ensure facility safety guidelines and policies and procedures are followed. Solves facility issues to meet the needs of staff.
· Monitor equipment condition and recommend or complete repairs to ensure all equipment functions as intended and is available for use.