Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Phoenix, AZ United States 3 vacancies
POSITION DETAILS: Three Permanent full-time positions to be filled in the Patient Business Services (Out-Patient Coding, Billing, and Accounts Receivable).
GS-11, $58,715.00 - $76,327.00 (Annually)
GS-09, $48,529.00 - $63,083.00 (Annually)
Promotion potential: Yes, Non-Competitively to the GS-11.
Merit Promotion Position: Yes
Travel Required: No
Supervisory/Managerial Position: Yes, You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Relocation Expenses Paid: Relocation expenses are not authorized and will not be paid.
Is position covered by PL 101-630? Yes, (See item # 3 in the Required documents Tab)
Is drug testing required? Yes
Is government housing available? No
Is this a bargaining unit position? No
Alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays? Yes
Who may apply section
Excepted Service Examining Plan Candidates (ESEP)
Merit Promotion Plan Candidates (MPP)
Veteran's Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunity Act Candidates (VEOA)
Commissioned Corps Candidates
- visit email@example.com for more information on Who May Apply
· The incumbent serves as Supervisor for the Third Party Billing, Accounts Receivable, and Outpatient Coding Section.
· The incumbent plans and schedules work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjust short term priorities, assigns work in consideration of employee skills and mission requirements.
· Develops performance standards and evaluates subordinates performance; advises employee on work and administrative matters; implements methods and procedures to improve organizational performance in concert with organization management team.
· The incumbent also recommends selection of candidates for positions; takes disciplinary actions and hears and resolves employee complaints and grievances
· Performs other duties as needed to meet organizational and Agency goals.