Vacancy ID: 883397
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
NOTE: This is a TERM appointment (not-to-exceed 13 months). Term appointments are non-status, nonpermanent appointments of limited duration. Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. Term appointments may be extended without further competition.
Employee will be assigned to Research Service, VA Healthcare System, Salt Lake City, UT, developing, interpreting, and implementing standards, procedures, and policies and protocols for research programs and collaborating on determining strategic direction of research programs. Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Develops program management plans for all programs approved and assigned by the scientist; leads the processes and activities needed to identify, define, combine, unify and coordinate the program objectives; creates program charters from scientific proposals (background, objectives, stakeholders, statement of work, qualitative and quantitative performance measurement, risks, assumptions and constraints, deliverables) for program team members, stakeholders and sponsors; and manages program requirements, configurations, and baselines.
- Collects program requirements, defines scope, creates work breakdown structures (WBS), verifies scope and controls scope from the scientist; writes highly structured requirements for research collaborators and prepares the stakeholder register; and conducts focus groups, facilitates workshops, leads brainstorming sessions using effective techniques (i.e., Delphi , questionnaires, surveys, observations).
- Serves on professional committees at local, state and national agencies; and acts as a central point of contact for all communications relating to assigned programs in order to design and implement all new processes relating to research programs.
- Defines and sequences program activities and tasks; defines and identifies program milestones from the scientific proposals; estimates program activities resources and durations; and develops and programs schedules using program management software.
- Estimates costs; determines budget and controls costs; works with the budget analyst in creating program cost baselines when providing progress reports to the scientists; and performs quantitative analyses for earned value measurements on program cost variances and forecasting.
- Sets up quality planning and control using quantitative and qualitative measurement tools (i.e., upper and lower control limits, mean, statistical control charts, data points variations, probabilities); and prepares quality assurance surveillance plans, charts and diagrams for scientists and stakeholders.
- Develops organization and resource breakdown structures to assign responsibilities and work by program staff; determines what communications will be planned for the program; develops formal and informal communications to the program team and stakeholders using interactive, push or pull methods; and facilitates program meetings.
- Identifies risks and performs qualitative and quantitative risk analysis to certify research compliance; and oversees program staff in maintaining institutional review board (IRB) and human subjects' research documentations.
- Works in conjunction with the contracting officer and administrative officer to request goods and services for the research program; prepares a description of the work needed in terms of performance, function or design; performs market research, evaluation criteria, and sole source justifications; and provides the research office with any changes to the contract, authorization of payments, etc.; and audits reports for invoices.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday Friday, 8:00am 4:30pm
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***