Department of Defense
Washington Headquarters Service
Raven Rock Mountain Complex
Directorate of Facility Engineering
This position is located at Raven Rock Mountain Complex (RRMC) Installation in Adams County, PA.
This position serves as a General Engineer at Raven Rock Mountain Complex. The RRMC is a unique, hardened, survivable, deep underground command center and relocation site with rigorous reliability, and security standards, and as the Alternate Military Command Center. The RRMC installation includes remote sites and encompasses 25 distinct tenant activities with varied mission-peculiar requirements and represents the Office of Secretary of Defense, Joint Chiefs of Staff, and all branches of the military with specialized infrastructures and buildings spread out over 700 acres. The General Engineer provides senior-level professional engineering advice and expertise for the leadership and staff at RRMC.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: All U.S Citizens; Current or Former Permanent Competitive Status Federal Employees; Displaced employees (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan - ICTAP eligible) within the Local Commuting Area; and individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM): Veterans with a disability rating of 30% or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Eligible Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. (Click on the links for more information regarding eligibility for these special appointment authorities: www.opm.gov/employ/veterans/html/vetguide.asp#6 or www.opm.gov/disability.)
Time and Grade Eligibility: Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (Merit Promotion procedures), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cutoff/closing date of the announcement.
As a General Engineer you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serving as an engineering advisor and consultant for the Raven Rock Mountain Complex providing expert level advice to senior leaders and performing a wide-range of high profile and sensitive activities to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the engineering operations;
- Managing complex engineering projects, activities, and action items, keeping the RRMC executive leadership informed of critical developments and providing expert advice on the engineering aspects of various problems or situations that may arise;
- Developing and determing schedules of needs and participating in technology reviews and conducting engineering assessments;
- Providing technical direction for construction projects, including planning, scheduling, designing, developing cost estimates, resolving problems, allocating resources, and assuring compliance with all regulatory requirements;
- Preparing contact solicitation packages to include statement-of-work, performance work specifications, technical evaluations, and all other required documentation;
- Applying technical expertise in support of the $200 million RRMC master planning program;
- Planning strategies for the management and development of facilities to meet the goals identified by the installation's executive leadership;
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure that engineering operations are managed in a manner consistent with the RRMC mission, and complying with applicable laws, regulations, DoD policies and local management systems;
- Identifying and resolving highly complex engineering problems that cross organizational boundaries and promulgates solutions