Job Title:Student Temporary Employment (SUMMER HIRE)
Agency:Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
Job Announcement Number:13-OCA-884671
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Tuesday, April 30, 2013 to
Tuesday, May 14, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Summer NTE 09/30/2013|
|2 vacancies in the following location:|
San Antonio, TX United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|The announcement is open to applicants who currently live in the San Antonio, Texas metropolitan or commuting area.|
The Administrative Office (AO), an agency of the Judicial Branch of the Federal government, is committed to serving and supporting the Federal court system of the United States. The AO provides a broad range of legislative, legal, financial, technology, management, administrative and program support services to the Federal courts.
OPPORTUNITY : This opportunity is intended to provide temporary employment to meet specific workload demands of the agency. It also enables students to earn money while continuing their academic course work. Students will be appointed on a temporary basis with the duration not to exceed September 30, 2013. In addition, the students selected must be on board as soon as possible, but no later than June 3, 2013.
The AO is committed to attracting the best and brightest applicants in our support of the Third Branch of government. We take pride in serving the Judicial Branch and supporting its mission to provide equal justice under law.
- Relatives of current Federal Judicial branch employees are not eligible.
- Selectees must be currently enrolled in an accredited program.
- Selectee must favorably complete a background investigation.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
DUTIES:Back to top
The Central Violations Bureau (CVB) is a Branch of the District Court Administration Division, Office of Court Administration located in San Antonio, Texas. The CVB processes Federal violation notices issued to defendants by Federal law enforcement officers and provides support services for U.S. magistrate judges, clerks office staff and Federal law enforcement agencies nationwide. The CVB also assists Federal law enforcement agencies with technical support of electronic access to the CVB data base.
Primary responsibilities of this position are data entry.
The incumbents duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing data entry of violation notices and fines received from issuing agencies and other payments into an automated case-tracking and processing system;
- Using automation to perform functions such as: typing/keyboarding; coding, entering, and transcribing data;
- Interacting with internal staff to exchange information or discuss status of routine issues;
- Operating office machines such as office copying and fax machines; and
- Performing routine, miscellaneous clerical work as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Basic Qualification Requirements: Qualifications for AO student temporary employment are closely related to the criteria established for executive branch positions by the Office of Personnel Management. Student temporary positions are classified and paid under a broad-banded system. Salary is set commensurate with educational background and experience.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student in either an undergraduate or graduate level program.
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of undergraduate education beyond high school.
- Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0 (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
Additional Qualification Requirements: In addition to meeting the BASIC QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS, applicants must also:
- Self-certify typing ability of 40 words per minute with three or fewer errors.
- Have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Have very strong communication and reading skills and be detailed oriented.
- Have a working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, or WordPerfect.
- Have excellent writing, reading and interpersonal skills, and be able to organize a variety of assignments simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
School Affiliation: All students must be enrolled in an accredited school, and must be working toward a degree, diploma, certificate, etc. on a full or part-time basis. Students must maintain a minimum 3.0 G.P.A. You can receive credit for education received outside the United States if you provide evidence that it is comparable to an accredited educational institution in the United States. Transcripts are required to apply for this position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on any application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for nonselection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- All information is subject to verification.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment during the pre-employment process.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon proof of U.S. citizenship or, for noncitizens, proof of authorization to work in the United States plus proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information and guidance on the employment of non-citizens can be found at: http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/NonCitizensEmployment#icc. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, available at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
- If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if selected, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time.
- All new employees of the AO must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of pay before appointment.
- If selected for first-time appointment to the Federal government, you may be required to serve a trial period. Failure to complete successfully the trial period may result in termination of employment.
- If selected for a supervisory or managerial position, you may be required to serve a probationary period. Failure to complete successfully the probationary period can result in return to a position comparable to the one held immediately before supervisory assignment, or, if you were not a Federal employee before the assignment, then you may be moved to a position one level below the supervisory position. An employee serving a trial period may be removed from employment under provisions of the AO's trial period policy.
- If this position is temporary, management may have the discretion of converting this position to a permanent position depending upon funding and staffing allocation.
- Relocation expenses may be provided, but only if specifically authorized by the Director of the AO.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your application package, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, withdrawing an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.