Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition, Operations/Acquisition, located in Frederick, MD.
***This is a reannouncement of vacancy ID VAOAL-MP-876919-LJP. Applicants who previoulsy applied to the former announcement will need to reapply to be considered for this position.
Area of Consideration. To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below:
Competitive Merit Promotion
*Current or Former Federal Employees: Current Federal or former employees who hold, or have held a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, and that hold a position at a lower grade level as the position being announced for any length of time. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
*Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Current or former Federal Employees: Current or former federal employees who hold, or have held a career or career conditional appointment in the Competitive Service, and that hold a position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced for any length of time.
* Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA;
*Individuals with severe disabilities eligible for Schedule A appointments;
*Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Employees covered by an Interchange Agreement; Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
**Current or former Federal employees must submit a copy of their SF-50 which shows competitive service appointment, tenure group, grade, and salary. Employees applying with an interchange agreement must provide proof of their permanent appointment. If you are applying for a higher grade, please provide the SF-50 Form which shows the length of time you have been in the next lower grade level. (Examples of appropriate SF-50s include promotions, with-in grade/range increases, and SF-50s one or more years old.)
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
· Utilizes electronic systems for contract writing, contract management, contract reporting, and financial management in accordance with agency policies.
· Assists the requiring activities by serving as a member of acquisition planning teams.
· Responsible for selecting, and advertising the appropriate method of procurement, i.e. simplified acquisition procedures, sealed-bidding, negotiations, including all applicable requirements and preparing the solicitation documents.
· Serves as a contract administrator on awarded contracts
· Closes out contract upon completion of the contract, resolves all conflicts and administers final disposition of payment.
View Assessment Questions