The men and women of the US Department of State with their skills, character and commitment to public service, are the backbone of America's diplomacy. Civil Service employees support the foreign policy mission from offices in Washington, DC and worldwide.
Join us in helping to shape a freer, more secure and prosperous world as we formulate, represent and implement US foreign policy. Choose from hundreds of career possibilities - there's something for everyone!
This position is located in the Miami Field Office, Office of Investigations and Counterintelligence, Bureau of Diplomatic Security. The incumbent supports the Special Agents and Criminal Investigators providing investigative and protective security coverage for the Department of State and Foreign Service.
This position is also being announced through Merit Promotion procedures under Announcement # DS-2013-0291. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Merit Promotion procedures must apply to both announcements.
- Gathers, screens, and provides factual information, communication support associated with inspections or investigations also conducts database searches and analysis.
- Maintains telephone contact with investigative personnel concerning oral requests and dispatch reports.
- Ensures appropriate clearances have been given prior to conducting searches.
- Sets parameters to search for suspects using characteristics that may be helpful to law enforcement personnel.
- Reviews law enforcement, credit, immigration, vital statistics and medical records to verify claims of subjects of offices, public and private institutions, organizations and other agencies.
- Processes personal identification information to compile fingerprint record identity.