The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
The IT Specialist (SYSADMIN) in the Office of Information Technology, Division of Infrastructure Services/ UNIX Engineering Branch in Parkersburg WV or Kansas City, MO; has the primary responsibilities for planning and coordinating the installation, testing, operations, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems. The IT Specialist may be required to perform in a variety of information technology areas to include; web hosting and Internet services, network connectivity design and routing, protocols, data storage systems, system security, operating systems, hardware, software, and other systems infrastructure.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement.
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
As an IT Specialist (SYSADMIN), you will:
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and application software.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Manage systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Implement security procedures and tools.
- Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of systems administration services.