Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1700-WE-NC-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the Registrar Office Division of the USCG Institute, in Oklahoma City, OK.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting with the processing of the educational assessments and transcripts and performs the general administrative support functions for the Registrar's Office Division.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serves as an initial point of contact for educational packages and official transcript requests.
- Corresponds with members, Educations Services Officers (ESOs), and all colleges regarding submitted educational packages.
- Updates and maintains various databases and files to track division activities.
- Compiles statistical data to formulate various recurring reports used by the division head for assessing adequacy of provided services to members, ESOs, and other serviced customers.
- Manages documentation and academic records management activity for the training program.
- Conducts staff assistance visits to assigned office.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to organizations regarding academic records management.
- Performs specialized duties in support of procurement activities.
- Handles or resolves a wide variety of procurement related problems and researches and assembles relevant information.
- Participates actively in the review and analysis of information.
- Develops and administers training registrations activities, including the oversight of manual and /or automated registration system.