Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
The primary purpose of this position is to analyze and evaluate diverse sources of information in support of producing answers to highly complex intelligence questions, often requiring coordination among analysts with shared areas of analytic focus from various agencies or levels of government.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), Homeland Counterterrorism Division (HCTD).
· Monitors intelligence, law enforcement, and open source reporting to support intelligence assessments determining potential threats to Homeland security
· Drafts and coordinates high visibility products intended for senior departmental leaders, the Intelligence Community (IC), and Homeland security stakeholders at the State, Local, Tribal & Territorial (SLTT) levels of government involved in countering violent extremism
· Assesses and evaluates terrorist use of the Internet, evolving use by violent extremists of social networking platforms and Web forums
· Assess radicalization environments and similar threat environments, including in partner countries and on the Internet, to aid in informing countering violent extremism stakeholders.
· Presents intelligence concepts and analytic assessments verbally and visually through briefings and graphics for consumption by both senior and operational US Government and SLTT intelligence consumers