The incumbent is assigned to Social Work Services at the VA Puget
Sound Health Care System, Seattle Division. This position is in
the Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) program within the Social Work
Service Line. The Social Worker functions as an independent professional and is
responsible to provide a variety of services for Veterans, to include but not
- Independently conducts psychosocial
- Independently performs case finding functions and outreach,
identifying and screening veterans for psychosocial needs.
- Coordinates community-based services,
including information and referral for additional services from other VA
programs, other government programs and community agency programs.
- Identifies high-risk patients and provides case management
- Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with
veterans and their families.
- Provides consultation services to other staff regarding the
psychosocial needs of veterans and the impact of psychosocial problems on
health care and adherence to treatment plan.
- Communicates and treats customers (veterans, their
representatives, visitors, and all VA staff) in a courteous, tactful, and
- Collaborates in
identifying and addressing ethical issues that impact patients and staff,
including initiating and participating in ethical consultations.
- Other duties as
Work Schedule: Monday Friday 8:00am
Department of Veterans Affairs employees will receive first consideration.
incentives have not been authorized.