DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
involves the repair, adjustment and maintenance of self propelled transportation
and other mobile equipment (except aircraft).
position is covered by the 5800 job family which includes occupations involved
in repairing, adjusting, and maintaining self-propelled transportation and
other mobile equipment (except aircraft), including any special purpose
features with which they may be equipped.
Must possess experience or training
which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple
preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment
in the line of work.
possess 12 months experience or training using common hand and power tools and
a small variety of test and measurement devices to make mechanical repairs; experience
removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing a variety of parts,
components, and accessories; experience which demonstrates a basic
understanding of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applying to
vehicles; and skill to replace, fit, install, and make adjustments; experience
demonstrating an understanding of the makeup and operation of the various
individual systems maintained and their interrelationships; and experience
reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures repair manuals, diagrams,
and electrical schematics.
Specialized experience will be used to determine
qualifications for the announced position. Applicants must provide begin
and end dates (MM/YY - MM/YY) with description of your
Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and
assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Enlisted applicants military grade cannot exceed the maximum
military grade authorized. Over-grade applicant must provide a written
statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively
reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position.
E1 Max: E9 (Dependent upon unit availability)
Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a
military grade promotion.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS:
Enlisted: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92, 94
Must possess or be eligible to retrain into MOS.
- Technicians are paid through Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT).
- The Selected applicant must complete a Declaration of Federal Employment: prior to the appointment date.
- Military Technicians are ineligible for military enlistment, retention, and student loan repayment bonuses. Acceptance of a Technician position will terminate these military incentives.
- Acceptance of a permanent or indefinite position will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
- Relocation expenses will not be paid by the Government unless noted in the Announcement.
- Military Technicians in the excepted service will wear the appropriate uniform while performing as a Technician.
- Veterans preference does not apply to National Guard Technician positions in accordance with Title 32 USC 709(f).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Making a false statement in any part of your application may result in disciplinary action.