Job Title: Supervisory Consumer Safety OfficerJob Announcement Number: HHS-FDA-MP-13-883969
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: Food and Drug Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Monday, May 06, 2013 to
Friday, May 17, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
White Oak, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Career Conditional/Career employees within Food and Drug Administration, OND ONLY
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Office on New Drugs, Office of Antimicrobial Products, Division of Antiviral Products.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current OND employees with competitive status only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 (AND DD-214 IF APPLICABLE)
This position is located at the FDA, White Oak Campus in Silver Spring, MD .
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- You must provide your most recent SF-50.
- You must meet Time-in-grade
DUTIES:Back to top
Provides direction, oversight and leadership to subordinate Consumer Safety Officers and Regulatory Health Project Coordinators/Managers and Senior Health Regulatory Managers in the following functions:
Manages drug review process for multiple classes of drugs from initial submission to the time of approval, termination or withdrawal.
Communicates with industry on regulatory issues in order to resolve issues related to applications, facilitate technical information gathering for reviewers to ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and policy requirements.
Assesses industy compliance with and tracks of all regulatory requirements of FDA legislation including FDAAA.
Provides authoritative advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both regulatory work and administrative matters.
Plans work to be performed by subordinates members, sets and adjusts both short-term and long-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
Interviews candidates for positions in the Division and recommends the appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions.
Evaluates work performance of subordinates.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
For the GS-15: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. Examples of specialized experience at the next lower grade are as follows: developing guidance and providing advice regarding project management process and has primary responsibility for ensuring successful implementation and administration of project management initiatives. Researches, advises, initiates studies, and develops and coordinates policy concerning precedent setting review management issues.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
4. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
5. Bargaining Unit Position: No
6. Drug Screening Required:No
7. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
8. Research position: Yes
9. Supervisory position: Yes
10. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability to interact with various organizations
Ability to communicate orally
Knowledge of the legislation and regulatory policies affecting public health
Ability to accomplish work through others