This vacancy is being concurrently advertised under announcement M026-13-EFG-883990 using Merit Promotion Procedures.
Be part of a dynamic, self-supporting Federal agency with a nearly 80-year record of supporting U.S. export-related jobs and over $50 billion in export sales in 2012. Work in the heart of Washington, DC two blocks from the White House across from the McPherson Square metro station.
The Ex-Im Bank is the official export credit agency of the United States. Ex-Im Bank's mission is to help to maintain and create U.S. jobs by supporting the financing of exports of U.S. goods and services to international markets. Ex-Im Bank enables U.S. companies, large and small, to turn export opportunities into real sales.
The selectee will serve as a Loan Specialist (Loan Officer) in the Trade Finance Division of the Export Finance Group of the Export-Import Bank of the United States. The primary responsibilities of the position are to analyze transactions and recommend actions regarding Ex-Im Bank support. The Loan Officer serves as the principal official responsible for a transaction's underwriting and establishing if the standard of "reasonable assurance of repayment" has been met.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is located in the Export Finance Group, Trade Finance Division. The Trade Finance Division is responsible for maintaining relationships with the Banks corporate and financial institution customers and for underwriting Ex-Ims short-term single buyer, medium-term insurance, and medium and long-term loan and guarantee programs, which include sovereign, tied aid, and financial institution risks, bank guarantees, and insurance buyer and supplier credits. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking application review and performing financial and risk analysis to determine whether there is reasonable assurance of repayment for a transaction;
- Collaborating with Treasurer Controller, Policy, Engineering and other divisions necessary to price the loan, evaluate repayment term and arrive at a decision which is fully compliant with loan guarantee policies and procedures;
- Maintaining electronic loan guarantee records from the application stage to final decision;
- Monitoring transaction developments, participating in restructuring financing, and recommending adjustments to terms and conditions as necessary prior to the transaction becoming operative;
- Monitoring political and economic developments in assigned countries and sectors, particularly as they relate to an individual borrowers operating environment;
- Preparing updates to management on relevant case and country developments, and;
- Performing other duties as assigned.