Vacancy ID: 883266
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
The position of Program Assistant is located within the Home Based Primary Care (HBPC) team, of the Geriatrics and Extended Care Department. The duty location is at the Veterans Administration Connecticut Healthcare System in West Haven, CT. Duties include but are not limited to:
· Adapting analytic techniques to formulate monitors measure program effectiveness;
· Interacting with others in a polite and diplomatic manner, particularly in an environment where competing priorities exist;
· Using automated patient records systems and computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
· Scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences and staff training;
· Performing timekeeper duties;
· Supporting the HBPC team for planning, development, and care of home care patients;
· Maintaining office equipment and supplies;
· Delivering prescriptions to the pharmacy and providing the status of medications to patients;
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 7:30AM 4:00PM, Monday through Friday
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***