Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1284-SE-VK-M-R1. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in DHS/U.S. Coast Guard, Comman, Control and Communications Engineering Center (C3CEN), Core Tech Division, Elizabeth City, NC.
Incumbent of this position serves as a Computer Engineer in support of C4ISR systems on board various Coast Guard Aviation units including command and control systems on the HC-144A aircraft mission system pallet and HC-130J aircraft Mission System Suite, as well as additional C4ISR systems (future and current) throughout CG Aviation. Position includes supporting the hardware and software within the C4ISR Mission System Sustainment Lab (MSSL) including but not limited to hardware and software configuration management, life cycle engineering, technical support, training systems and documentation, logistics, maintenance and supply support, information assurance, and other software maintenance activities.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as a technical advisor for design, integration, and implementation of support infrastructure for C4ISR systems on board aviation units and align C4IT enterprise project management processes with aviation.
- Providing analysis on and advice on complex program related information technology (IT) issues or problems where new analytical techniques must be developed to identify and evaluate findings.
- Providing administrative and technical support for information assurance activities including preparing documentation for certification and accreditation packages.
- Serving as a member and technical representative on software, hardware, and installation support contracts for C3ISR systems on board various aviation systems.
- Performing feasibility studies to evaluate different vendors and their products.