Job Title:Food Service Worker
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command
Job Announcement Number:SWNAFBS13882755
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Tuesday, April 30, 2013 to
Monday, May 13, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Pine Bluff, AR United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Non Citizens |
The Army's Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (DFMWR) vision is to be the driving force for programs and services that provide for the Army's home and enhance the lives of its Soldiers, Families, Civilians and Military Retirees.
This is a flexible position with a varied work week of 0 -39 working under the Recreation Center at Cool Breeze.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
DUTIES:Back to top
Performs a variety of tasks having several steps or a sequence of tasks that requires attention to work operations in a kitchen or dining area following established procedures. Sets up cafeteria lines, steam-tables, dining room tables, and side service stands with hot and cold food items including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, bread, butter, and beverages; replenishes as necessary. Serves food by order and proper proportion. Break down and cleans tables and area when meal is finished and returns dishes and food to the kitchen area. Brews coffee according to the number of servings required. Assembles or toss fresh fruit and green salads in quantity using prepared dressings and portions into standard serving sizes. Makes cold sandwiches using prepared ingredients. Washes tables and counters. Operates, break downs, and cleans all equipment assigned to the area for food preparation. Clean kitchen equipment such as worktables, sinks and refrigerators. Scrapes, soaks, scours, and scrubs heavy cooking utensils such as mixing bowls or pots. Separates food waste and trash from dishes, glasses, and silverware. Loads and operates dishwashers. Stores cleaned dishes, glasses and silverware. Vacuums and shampoos carpets; sweeps and mops kitchen floors. Cleans exhaust vents, hoods, windows, ceilings, and walls. Cleans and sanitizes trash cans; disposes of trash. Unloads and stores food from delivery trucks.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Ability to understand and follow simple instructions, and be able to use hand tools for cleaning and operating simple machines.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
-Ability to follow simple instructions
-Ability to use hand tools for cleaning and operating simple machines.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.