Vacancy ID: 883275
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-6. At the GS-5 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-6. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
The Medical Reimbursement Technician position is located in the North Central Consolidated Patient Account Center (NCCPAC) at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Madison, Wisconsin. The employee is responsible for performing duties to achieve the expected results for medical billings and reimbursable and non-reimbursable collections. Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Performs verification of patient insurance coverage.
- Obtains patient insurance information through automated databases, direct patient contact and contact with insurance companies.
- Verifies benefits, policy number, pre-certification requirements, and effective dates of coverage.
- Updates and maintains patient information in an electronic database.
- Generates monthly reports as required.
- Obtains required information and coordinates completion of forms with patients, staff and providers.
- Responds to patients' questions, explaining eligibility requirements, insurance provisions, and billing and payment procedures.
- Assists as needed with third party collection from insurance companies and accounts receivable functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***