Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. A review will be made of your responses to the occupational questionnaire and the documentation you submitted in your resume and on the AGMO Form 335-1-R to support your responses. The selecting official will contact you for an interview if your name is referred for this position.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who have may have the same name. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.Vacancy Identification NumberThe Vacancy Identification Number is
8835971. Title of Job
SHEET METAL MECHANIC SUPERVISOR2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability
QUESTION 1: Are you a permanent technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Air National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 2.
QUESTION 2: Are you an indefinite or temporary technician who is currently employed by the Missouri Air National Guard OR a Missouri traditional guard member OR interested in guard membership in the Missouri Air National Guard?
If you answered Yes to this question, please respond No to Question 1.6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest GradeEnter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. Valid grade for this position is:
0911. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service16. Availability Date
You may leave this section blank if you can begin work in the near future. If you will not be able to begin work in the near future, please provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use the MM/DD/YYYY format.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational SpecialtiesEnter the appropriate occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Sheet Metal Mechanic Supervisor21. Geographic Availability
Select the location(s) in which you will accept employment. Valid location for this position is:
298355101 Whiteman AFB, MO22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
1. Do you possess experience, education, or training which demonstrates that you have the ability to provide technical assistance and organize assignments for subordinates; estimate materials and manpower needed for specific jobs; read and interpret blueprints, sketches, manuals, etc., and maintain records and reports?
2. Do you possess 36 months of specialized experience which has included supervision of various numbers and kinds of workers; experience which has provided you with the background in the sheet metal shop processes; experience making decisions and taking proper alternatives when dealing with others; experience preparing written communications, oral presentations and/or briefings; experience selecting proper materials, substitute materials, distinguishing graduations of material according to quality, trade standards, specific needs, etc; experience developing plans and organizing work for a group of employees; and experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with people having different interests?
3. Are you currently a member OR eligible to immediately become an active military member of the Missouri National Guard?
MILITARY MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
For each of the following tasks, chose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
4. Planned and scheduled specific work assignments on a daily or project-by-project basis within specified time requirements.
5. Arranged for adequate personnel, materials and equipment to accomplish Aviation sheet metal work.
6. Assigned tasks to be performed.
7. Explained prescribed methods and procedures.
8. Instructed subordinates on new sheet metal shop procedures and provided assistance on problems.
9. Reviewed sheet metal shop work in progress and on completion.
10. Obtained approval from supervisor for changes in standard or prescribed procedures and changes in work operations.
11. Suggested ways or methods to improve operations or reduce costs.
12. Recommended individuals to fill vacancies or for promotion or reassignment.
13. Assisted in the establishment of performance standards and made recommendations for performance appraisals.
14. Counseled with employees on disciplinary issues and recommended disciplinary action.
15. Attempted to resolve informal complaints and grievances, referring unresolved or more serious issues to supervisor.
16. Conducted on-the-job training and recommended employees for formal training programs.
17. Scheduled leave and approved leave for short periods of time.
18. Encouraged employees to participate in suggestion or cost reduction programs.
19. Ensured that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed.
20. Explained and implemented such personnel programs as equal opportunity, position management, position description review, and labor relations.
21. Maintained production reports and records.
22. Performed the non-supervisory functions of the organizational segment supervised.
23. Implemented safety regulatory requirements.
24. Ensured that subordinates wore appropriate safety equipment and followed pertinent safety precautions.
25. Prepared for and participated in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilizations and command support exercises.