Basic Qualifications for AD-0405 (Pharmacology): Applicants must have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor or higher degree that includes a major in an appropriate biological, medical, veterinary, or physical science, or in a pharmacy that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry and physiology and 12 semester hours in pharmacology.
Basic Qualifications for AD-0415 (Toxicology): Applicants must have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor or higher degree that includes a major field of study in toxicology; or an appropriate discipline of the biological, medical, or veterinary sciences that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry, biochemistry, or physiology, and 12 semester hours in toxicology.
Basic Qualifications for AD-1320 (Chemistry): Applicants must have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor or higher degree that includes a major field of study in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics. OR combination of education and experience -- course work equivalent to a major as shown above, including at least 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Applicants must possess a Ph. D. or other earned doctorate in a scientific field related to the position to be filled.
In order to satisfy all of the the specified requirements, you must submit narrative responses addressing the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) and the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) outlined below.
Mandatory Executive Core Qualifications
Applicants should show possession of the following attributes and will be asked to provide narrative descriptions including specific examples of your experience, education, and accomplishments that are applicable to each of the following factors. Applicants are encouraged to visit:
and view the Office of Personnel Management's "Guide to Senior Executive Qualifications." Please use the Challenge, Context, Action, Results (CCAR) format that is suggested in the OPM guidance. Please review these qualifications and then follow the instructions found in the "How to Apply" section of this vacancy announcement. Responses to the ECQs must not exceed a total of 10 pages.
Candidates must possess experience which demonstrates competence in:
1. ECQ 1 - Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment. (Competencies: creativity and innovation, external awareness, flexibility, resilience, strategic thinking, vision)
2. ECQ 2 - Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. (Competencies: conflict management, leveraging diversity, developing others, team building)
3. ECQ 3 - Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. (Competencies: accountability, customer service, decisiveness, entrepreneurship, problem solving, technical credibility)
4. ECQ 4 - Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage, human, financial, and information resources strategically. (Competencies: financial management, human capital management, technology management)
Mandatory Technical Qualifications
Applicants must also possess the following qualifications that represent the knowledge, skills and abilities essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Please provide narrative descriptions addressing the following:
1. Knowledge of scientific and research processes.
2. Demonstrated ability planning, organizing, and utilizing resources in a manner that consistently provides for the optimum accomplishment of all goals and objectives established for an organization's research program.
3. Proven skill directing the workforce of a scientific and professional staff to include technical and support personnel performing scientific research and evaluations pertaining to pharmacology, toxicology, experimental biology, chemistry, microbiology, and animal nutrition.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Applicants must meet the qualification requirements as outlined above to be eligible for further consideration. You must provide detailed evidence of the experience, knowledge, skill, ability, and other personal characteristic requirements and show how and when they were used. This evidence must include clear, concise examples that show level of accomplishment and degree of responsibility. Qualification determinations will be based on the information provided in your application and the requirements of the position. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: THIS POSITION REQUIRES A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement will be required.
6. One-year probationary period required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid.
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Incentive may be authorized: May Be Authorized.