Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Acquisitions Directorate, Project Resident Office (PRO), Lockport, LA.
This position will support the Project Resident Office (PRO) Lockport, LA facility located at the Bollinger Shipyard. PRO Lockport is responsible for the oversight of the design and construction of one, options for up to 34 and potentially 58 SENTINEL Class Patrol Boats. The incumbent reports to the PRO Lockport Technical Director(Military O-3).
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Evaluating contractor data submittal, reviewing design calculations and analyzing, reviewing drawings, reviewing engineering change proposals, reviewing progress, and contributing to monthly and quarterly design and progress reviews.
- Exercising broad judgment and considerable ingenuity on-site to interpret existing technical information and prepares criteria not previously established in the field, taking into consideration available policies and guidelines are frequently inadequate, inappropriate, or completely lacking.
- Analyzing and defining activities and support efforts required to achieve established support objectives and milestones.
- Preparing USCG logistics issues and point papers responding to questions from and briefs for various government entities.
- Assisting in tracking methods and procedures by which Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) requirements and related projects will be pursued.
- Developing, reviewing, delivering and tracking Delivery/Task Orders (DTOs), justification for technical support services; reviewing, evaluating and adjusting proposed modifications and new DTOs.