This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-12. At the GS-11 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-12. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
This position is located in the Veterans Health Administrations (VHA) Office of Informatics and Analytics (OIA) Support Operations Communications Office in Washington, DC. As a Visual Information Specialist under the direct supervision of the Director, OIA Communications, you will support a complex integration of VHA organizational goals to provide integrated health care information management solution to improve delivery of health care service to Veterans in a rapidly changing technological environment. Major duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Works as a part of the organizations Communications office to achieve targeted strategic communication goals, while planning, organizing and executing all visual/graphic/digital design communication aspects of the office;
· Functions as the expert on both digital and printed text and design format, composition, graphic, and image manipulation software;
· Designs a broad array of communications products that adhere to production standards including 508 compliance and VA/VHA style guides;
· Reviews artwork accompanying products and suggesting alternate graphics when appropriate;
· Designs, develops, and updates OIA internet, intranet and SharePoint sites;
· Prepares final visual products for briefings and presentations that adhere to established graphic standards;
· Develops and delivers reports and presentations;
· Plans, organizes and carries out all visual/design communication aspects of the Communication program.
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
NOTE: Examples of your work (electronic portfolio, digital or hardcopy samples) may be requested at a later date if qualifying on experience. Submission of portfolio or electronic samples of your work experience are not required at the time of application.
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***