Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1680-NE-NJ-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the United States Coast Guard, Base Support Unit, Personnel Support Department, Morale, Well-Being, and Recreation (MWR) Division, Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
This role serves as an accounting technician responsible for administering MWR appropriated and non-appropriated funds.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Review and maintain complex accounting transactions including disbursements, expenditures, accounts payable, and accounts receivable - reconcile accounting and maintain account balances.
- Enter accounting transactions and assure that accounts and financial data is maintained properly in the automated accounting system, making frequent and varied adjustments to accounts.
- Prepare financial documents, statements and reports.
- Act as liaison to resolve problems / discrepancies and advise on various aspects of accounting.
- Perform clerical / administrative duties as assigned.