The Economic Research Service (ERS) is seeking qualified
students to participate in the 2013 Summer Pathways Internship Program.
These temporary appointments are expected to begin in May and
end in September. Internships are open to current
students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited high
school, college, professional, technical, vocational, trade school or other
qualifying educational institution.
This is an Excepted Service appointment.
will not be authorized.
As a Student Trainee (Economics), you will:
- Provides technical support to economists, and performs assignments
in accordance with established precedents.
- Individually plans and conducts relatively complex and difficult
economic analysis and assists other economists by conducting segments of
larger, more complex studies undertaken by the agency.
- Selects methods, techniques, and procedures including statistical data
collection and processing, and organizes them into work plans for
producing satisfactory information on the factors affecting the study.
- Collects and evaluates a large quantity of data and determines
significance of findings.
- Prepares written reports or findings, analyses, and conclusions of
- Serves as a team member on