Job Title:Physician (Chief, Cardiology Section)
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VHA-553-13-883126-jmu
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$120,000.00 to $275,000.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, April 29, 2013 to Friday, May 10, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Part Time 32 hours - Detail NTE 2 years|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Detroit, MI United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|John D. Dingell VAMC, Detroit, MI|
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 883126
The John D. Dingell VAMC is recruiting for a part time (32 hours a week) board certified Physician (Chief, Cardiology Section).
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
The John D. Dingell Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) is seeking a transformative and visionary leader for the Chief of Cardiology, reporting directly to the Associate Chief of Staff (ACOS) for Medicine. This is a part-time, 32 hour/week, 3.5 day/week position. The Section currently consists of 3.5 physicians and 13.5 total FTE, including a diagnostic cardiac catheterization laboratory. Candidates must demonstrate a strong record of clinical, administrative, and academic achievements, including
· MD degree with internal medicine residency (three years minimum)
· American Board Certification in Internal Medicine
· American Board Certification in Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology
· Valid and unrestricted medical license
· Clinical experience in general as well as interventional cardiology, with prior experience as Director of a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
· Experience with performing at least 10,000 diagnostic and 5,000 interventional cardiac catheterization cases preferred
· Experience with performing at least 1,500 transesophageal echocardiograms preferred
· Experience with and leadership in performing transcatheter valve therapies
· Experience as a principal investigator in multicenter clinical trials
· Possess the necessary research and educational accomplishments to qualify for an academic appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor level at our physically-adjacent affiliate, Wayne State University School of Medicine (WSU-SOM).
The candidate should be an inspiring and effective role model, innovative thinker, customer-service focused, and have proven clinical excellence, with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. The ability to motivate, develop, and monitor medical staff as part of multidisciplinary teams to achieve quality outcomes, optimize clinic capacity and utilization of resources, and maximize efficiency to meet required performance measures is essential. The Chief of Cardiology will be expected to have an active clinical practice as well as be responsible for supporting and expanding an academic environment oriented to medicine residents and cardiology fellows with strong emphasis on education and research.
The VAMC serves as a major WSU-SOM site for pre-and post-graduate education in medicine, surgery, and psychiatry. A growing basic and clinical research program now exceeds $4 million in annual VA funding.
This VAMC is a newly-constructed, state-of-the-art 108 bed tertiary care medical, surgical, and psychiatric facility with an 84 bed nursing home care unit, a 50 bed off-site Domiciliary, and two community-based outpatient clinics. Over 1,800 employees provide dedicated service to Veterans from throughout southeastern Michigan. We are located in the heart of Detroit's cultural and medical center that includes museums, seven hospitals, and Wayne State University.
Excellent benefits to include: health, life and long-term care insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid Federal holidays, and tax-deferred savings plan.
Interested candidates may address any questions regarding the position via e-mail to John R. Ebright, M.D., ACOS for Medicine, at John.Ebright@va.gov or Scott A. Gruber, M.D., Ph.D, MBA, Chief of Staff, at Scott.Gruber@va.gov
Salary will be determined by the appropriate Compensation Panel based on specialty assignment.
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/ .
US Citizenship - (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Full unrestricted Licensure required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.