In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this AUDIO-VISUAL PRODUCTION SPECIALIST position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training in coordinating and accomplishing multimedia products and services by using skills related to photography, audiovisual production, visual information, illustration, computer operation, and telecommunication work. Experience using traditional and modern digital production techniques and equipment.
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training involving a thorough knowledge of a wide range of principles, practices, methods and techniques for communicating information through audiovisual means. Experience in all phases of audiovisual production, programming, and editing from inception to completion, and skill in modifying or adapting standard practices and procedures. Experience in audio-visual production in a wide range of television and radio broadcast and production techniques. Experience composing and producing live or prerecorded programs with multiple visual or audio elements and complicated features.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college o runiversity at the rate of 30 semester hours for 12 months of experience. The education must have been directly related to the type of work of the position.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of all phases of audiovisual production, programming, and editing from inception to completion, and skill in modifying or adapting standard practices and procedures.
2. Skill to develop contract specifications, coordinate logistics, control expenses, and arrange procurements for complex programs with significant planning and scheduling problems (for example, productions that involve numerous support personnel, specialized equipment and props, and sophisticated visual or audio effects).
3. Thorough knowledge of visual arts and photography methods, techniques, and processes to plan visual products and services that interpret subject matter content. Knowledge of the subject matter program area to develop original designs, concepts, or visual styles for publications, exhibits, or presentation material that present to the public the ideas or image desired, evoke certain viewer responses, or reduce the cost of production, installation, or maintenance of the visual product. The incumbent applies the knowledge of current multimedia procedures to produce a wide range of multiple visual and/or audio elements that compare with national audience viewing habits.
4. Knowledge of emerging technologies, reviews technical periodicals, publications, commercial standards, and attends seminars.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
3N0X1, 3N0X2, 3N0X3, 3N090, 3N0X4, 3N000
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.