1. Performs selected tasks and phases of studies and projects that require application of basic theory and principles in the area of computer science.
2. Participates with senior personnel in conducting non-routine projects.
3. Provides assistance to senior personnel in planning, monitoring and conducting special studies, projects and initiatives.
4. Uses computer science principles such as operating system theory, data structures, computer system architectures, software languages, optimization techniques and computer communications to assist senior personnel in solving software problems and facilitate the work.
GS-04: Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSA)
· Knowledge of basic theories, principles, and methodology of computer science.
· Skill in applying basic occupational theory, principles, concepts and practices sufficient to perform student trainee assignments.
· Ability to follow instructions and guidance to complete assigned tasks and communicate information to others in oral or written format.
· Ability to analyze problems, identify significant factors, gather and interpret pertinent data and apply established rules and procedures in order to recommend effective solutions.
· Ability to learn and apply basic investigative techniques to accomplish work in the subject-matter field.
· Ability to search technical reports, computer software applications and other guidelines to obtain information for senior personnel.