Recommend area of study: Seeking a Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
Requirements for Initial Appointment is based on the
Air Force Qualification Standards:
To qualify for a GS-04: Completion of 2 academic years of post high school study or an associates degree in a related field of study
To qualify for a GS-05: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelors degree or completion of 4 academic years of pre-professional study.
To qualify for a GS-07: Completion of 1 academic year of graduate level education, bachelors degree with Superior academic Achievement as provided in the General Policies and Instructions for Qualifications Standards Operating Manual (see link below), or 5 academic years of pre-professional study.
To qualify for a GS-09:Completion of 2 academic years of graduate level education or masters or equivalent graduate degree.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university:
· Accepted for enrollment or are enrolled in an approved program
· Pursing a Baccalaureate Degree (Junior/Senior only), Graduate or Professional Degree
· Enrollment must be at least half-time course load as defined by the education institution (typically six hours or equivalent for undergraduate and three hours or equivalent for graduate)
· Have a good academic standing (no less than 2.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grading scale)
· Meet the qualification standards of the position
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island). Non-citizens may be eligible for employment if:
· Permitted by the DoD Appropriation Act
· Eligible to work under U.S. immigration laws
NOTE: U.S. citizenship is required for a noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term appointment with the Department of the Air Force.
Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire
if applicable, to ensure that you meet the requirements to perform in this position satisfactorily.
If qualified, we will then place you in one of the three categories described below:
1. Qualified category: Meets the minimum qualifications as described in the
qualification section of this announcement and obtain a rating between 70-79
on the applicable assessment.
2. Highly-qualified category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements
and demonstrates proficiency in critical competencies and obtain a rating
between 80-89 on the applicable assessment.
3. Best-qualified category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and
excels in critical competencies and obtain a rating between 90-100 on the
Applications will be evaluated against the Air Force unique qualification standard for student employment. Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Pathways Guidelines.
Veterans' Preference does apply in the recruitment and hiring procedures of Interns under the Pathways program. Selections made under this notice will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Incomplete applications that do not include supporting documentation may be eliminated from consideration. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, in the occupational questionnaire, will not be evaluated further. Your application may not receive appropriate consideration without the required supporting documentation. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or removal after hiring.