The National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) National Laboratory that produces technological solutions to America's energy challenges. For more than 100 years, the laboratory has focused on developing tools and processes to provide clean, reliable, and affordable energy to the American people.
The incumbent will serve as a Project Manager in the Energy Delivery Technologies Division (EDTD), Project Management Center. The EDTD provides quality technical, administrative, and project management services to a variety of customers primarily within DOE and other Federal agencies on a full-cost recovery basis as part of NETL’s Work for Others’ initiatives. Incumbent will provide independent technical project management to advanced electricity research in one or more of the following areas: grid protection, transmission, distribution, connectivity, distributed energy resources, and/or all capacities of energy storage.
As a General Engineer in the Project Management Center, you will:
- Independently identify research needs;
- structures research funding opportunity announcements;
- evaluates proposals;
- negotiate new agreements and execute projects. More specifically:
- defines project objectives and requirements;
- plans and prepares project documentation;
- arranges for appropriate funding;
- monitors research progress against defined scope, schedule, and cost;
- stays abreast of potential project risk events and mitigation strategies;
- analyzes and evaluates project progress and results; and
- ensures project formal deliverables are of high quality.