To be basically qualified at the NF-9 level, candidates must meet one of the following qualification requirements:
- 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the federal service. Specialized experience is experience providing administrative and management support to a top executive management official within a museum, gallery or cultural institution with exposure to sensitive and confidential information and matters,
- Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full year of graduate education in a directly related field of study, OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates must reflect in their submitted USAJOBS résumés the possession of this specialized experience. If their résumés do not include such specialized experience, they will be ineligible for this position.
Those applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be evaluated against these factors to determine the best-qualified candidates. Candidates should ensure their résumé and application packet clearly demonstrate possession of these factors to receive maximum employment consideration.
1. Ability to communicate effectively in writing with a variety of internal and external professionals and administrative staff members demonstrating a sound knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
2. Skill in oral communication demonstrating an ability to provide and explain programs and services in a clear and understandable manner.
3. Familiarity with Congress including the appropriations and legislative processes.
4. Skill in conducting technical and general research and presenting findings using word processing, database management, and Raiser’s Edge software.
5. Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously demonstrating attention to detail and effective organizational skill.
Physical Requirements: Work is mostly sedentary, However, work relating to program activities and events may occasionally be physically demanding and require extended standing.
The National Gallery of Art provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
All qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three pre-determined quality categories. This evaluation will be based on the personal, educational and work experience indicated in the candidate’s résumé and responses to the applicant questions. The three pre-determined quality categories are: Best-qualified; Well qualified; and Qualified.
Best–qualified candidates will be determined by their personal, educational and work experience indicated in their résumé and in their cover letter that relate to the factors listed above. To preview questions please click here.