The WG-10 salary range starts at $25.32 per hour, if you meet the following qualifications. You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Your application will be rated and ranked on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics (KSAOC's). Screen-out Element are indicated by an Asterisk (*). To be basic eligibility, candidates must receive at least 2 points in the Screen Out Element(s) indicated below and must have an average of two points on all the KSAOC's listed. Your application will be further evaluated to determine if you meeting the Basic Qualification cut-off for the referral certificate to the Selecting Official.
1. * Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
2. Ability to interpret instructions, specification, including blueprints.
3. Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation, repair, and technical practices.
4. Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
5. Knowledge of materials.
6. Use of measuring instruments.
7. Ability to provide quality customer service and support to a diverse customer base by assisting customers' needs and satisfying customer expectations.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide separate narrative statements describing how their experience satisfies each knowledge, skill and ability by describing: 1) where or how the particular KSA was acquired; and 2) where and how the particular KSA was used. Provide clear, concise examples of your levels of training and education, accomplish, and responsibility as they relate specifically to this announcement. Your statement should be supported by experience and/or education listed in your application.
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Serve a one year probationary period (unless you have previously satisfied this requirement).
- Be able to make a direct deposit of your salary check to a financial organization.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- Undergo a background security investigation and receive a favorable adjudication.
- If you are not a current GSA employee, you must complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 to determine identity and employment (work status) eligibility. GSA will verify the information through the DHS e-Verify automated system. Any identified discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Undergo a background investigation and receive favorable adjudication. This position has been designated as a Public Trust Position.
- Undergo a single scope background investigation and be granted a Top Secret national security clearance by the GSA security office. Non-GSA employees must be granted this clearance before you enter on duty. This position is designated as a Critical-sensitive National Security Position.
- Be able to work on rotating shift and/or weekend.
- This position is subject to periodic and random drug testing. You will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use and receive a negative drug test result prior to appointment.
- This position requires work to be performed inside and outside, and is usually dirty and greasy. Repairs and installations are sometimes made outside in bad weather, or in work areas, which may be hot, humid, or noisy. The employee is exposed to hazards of electrical shock, burns, cuts, bruises, dust, and injuries from falls from ladders. You may be required to undergo a medical examination before appointment because of these conditions.
- This position requires moderately heavy physical efforts necessary for lifting, carrying, and/or moving objects, materials, and supplies. You will be required to carry, set up, and work on ladders and/or scaffolding. The incumbent will be subject to noise, minor burns, electric shocks, cuts and bruises, and is subject to injuries due to falls from ladders while performing "high" cleaning duties. The work is performed both indoors and outdoors and you will be exposed to extreme cold/hot, damp conditions. You may be required to undergo a medical examination before appointment because of these conditions.
- This position is a Critical Sensitive National Security Position. To work in this position, you must undergo a background investigation. Selection to this position is contingent upon you being determined to be eligible for a National Security Clearance Top Secret required for access to the White House Center Complex by the Executive Office of the President. Reinvestigations are conducted periodically after appointment. Retention in this position is contingent upon you maintaining eligibility for a National Security Clearance Top Secret for access to the White House Service Center Complex with the Executive Office of the President.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Category Rating procedure is being used to rate candidates. If you are found qualified for the position, your responses to the self assessment vacancy questions will be used to place you in one of the following categories: Qualified, Well Qualified, Best Qualified. Your responses to the vacancy questions must be supported by your resume or the Human Resources Specialist may adjust your responses lower. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Appropriate documentation must be received to adjudicate veterans' preference.
Eligible candidates meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective placement factor(s), if applicable, will be further evaluated and numerically rated. The basis of rating will be an evaluation of the applicant's experience and/or training as stated in the application package. The amount of experience or training will not itself be accepted as proof of qualification for any grade. The applicant's record must demonstrated the capacity to perform the duties of the position. Applicants should clearly show they possess the knowledge, skills, and ability (KSA's) listed above.
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions on how to access and complete the assessment(s). Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing. To preview questions please click here.
If you are an Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan eligible or a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified (minimum score of 85) to receive priority. ICTAP/CTAP.