Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serve as an area Facility Operations Specialist for the US Army Corps of Engineers. The position is imbedded with a Regional Support Command (RSC) which comes directly under the U.S. Army Reserve Command (USARC). The RSC may include management responsibility for USAR Centers (USARCs), Armed Forces Reserve Centers (AFRCs), Area Maintenance Support Activities (AMSAs), Equipment Concentration Sites (ECSs), Aviation Support Facilities (ASFs), and training and storage facilities located throughout a large geographic area.
This position is a TERM position NTE 13 months. It is temporary and may be extended up to a maximum of four years.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Program, develop and issue instructions on facilities operation and management, utilities conservation, on major and minor repairs and construction, and on facilities condition surveys and use.
- Conduct and/or assist in presenting classes and briefings on facility matters for supported tenant organizations.
- Assist in the development of space utilization studies.
- Conduct detailed inspections to determine facility deficiencies, proper use, supervision and provides quality assurance of service and construction contracts for compliance with the contract, public law, federal and state regulations.
- Advise on required corrective action to facility-related problems.
- Advise on the adequacy and physical condition of RSC facilities and the status of actions taken.
- Interpret regulations, directives and policies pertaining to facilities engineering and energy conservation.
- Assure tenant organizations are in compliance with directives and policies ensuring compliance with a wide range of regulatory procedural and technical conditions in such areas as: land, construction, physical security, structural repairs, painting, renovation, safety, utilities, landscaping, drainage and leasing actions.
- Develop facility repair and operation requirements and prepares work requests, purchase orders, project specifications, and executes local purchases of services and construction within policy to meet facility needs.
- Collects raw data and prepares input for Life Cycle facility management (Building Systems, Automation, Furniture, etc.) and the Army Energy Conservation Program.