Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, we serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, we secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and public transit systems, thus protecting our transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.
For additional information about our agency please: Click Here.
You will serve as the Director, International Operations for the Office of Global Strategies (OGS). You will report to the Deputy Assistant Administrator (DAA) for OGS. As an executive-level management official in TSA, you will be primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining a network of international transportation sector partners for the purposes of facilitating cohesive and consistent communication related to transportation security. You will ensure continued leadership in the areas of transportation security and advancement of best practices on a global basis through multilateral and bilateral initiatives for OGS. The responsibilities of the position include the formulation of international transportation-related security policy and program oversight to ensure the effectiveness of the stakeholder network in comprehensively addressing international security issues, processes, and programs. These responsibilities have an agency-wide impact and influence, which includes providing innovative and expert leadership in the establishment, coordination, and implementation of comprehensive international security and communication strategies through collaboration with stakeholder partners and in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, laws, and directives.
As the Director, International Operations, your duties will include:
- Facilitating and maintaining a network of international transportation partners for purposes of ensuring regular, recurring, and current security information is shared.
- Monitoring policies and operational activities that impact the international partner network and its various interests and responsibilities.
- Ensuring that all key organizational elements within TSA are interconnected and interdependent, particularly in terms of a cohesive approach to international stakeholder information and impact.
- Understanding and appropriately interpreting, developing, and facilitating implementation of international security laws, policies, and regulations to reflect U.S. practices and requirements; maintaining awareness and/or knowledge of the most current, impacting and proposed/enacted legislation in the area of international security programs and projects.
- Serving as the principal advisor to the Assistant Administrator for OGS on matters related to the international stakeholder network.
- Representing TSA with foreign governments regarding transportation security in bilateral and multilateral forums (i.e. International Civil Aviation Organization, European Civil Aviation Commission, etc.)
- Actively pursuing the alignment of U.S. and foreign transportation security practices through OGS on-site liaison activity and representation of U.S. Embassies and consulates.
- Providing leadership to and setting direction for subordinate components, assuring the consistency and coordination of policies and programs needed to accomplish TSA's mission.
- Establishing organizational performance metrics in accordance with TSA's mission, vision, goals, and strategic objectives.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of areas within your responsibility, assuring conformance with TSA's strategic plan; continually assessing the effectiveness of operations and programs and adjusting as needed to meet emerging priorities.
- Keeping the Assistant Administrator and Deputy Assistant Administrator apprised of overall operations, current status, and anticipated challenges.
- Supporting Equal Employment Opportunity concepts in all areas of responsibility, treating employees in a fair and equitable manner; fostering an organization representative of diversity and promoting opportunities for employees to influence their work environment with a focus on continual improvement.