The U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration's (PHMSA) mission is to protect people and the environment from the risk inherent in transportation of hazardous materials - by pipeline and other modes of transportation.
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Office of Inspector Training and Qualifications, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. You will serve as a Transportation Specialist assisting in developing and conducting training courses and seminars; assisting senior staff in the review, development and implementation of new and revised rule making activities and other special projects.
The ideal candidate for this position is a mid-level professional with knowledge in technical training techniques to conduct the Division's program evaluations. Provide training plans and course assessments. Develop training plans to test or evaluate activities to ensure the results are reliable, comprehensive, feasible and efficient.
At the full performance level, the Transportation Specialist:
- Functions as senior personnel for the development, implementation and evaluation of training.
- Directs the development of courses, including computer based/web based training courses and seminars.
- Sustains course materials to provide training classes new or revised documentation materials to build.
- Conducts comprehensive investigations, inspections of program facilities to provide to evaluations procedures.
- Determines the approach to be taken and the methodology to be used in relation to operations, construction and maintenance of pipeline safety.
- Conducts or participates as a speaker or member of meetings, seminars, or symposia to exchange information.