A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion Announcement Number 13-0501-8115G-mcs. Current or former Federal employees may apply to both announcements, but should be sure to apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement in order to avoid losing consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement. Disabled veterans, candidates with 3 or more years of active duty military service, and candidates eligible for special hiring authorities may apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement if they meet the criteria outlined in the announcement and submit supporting documentation.
Position is located on the Angeles National Forest with duty location in Glendora, CA. For further information about the duties of the position, please contact Debra Hobbs, at 626-335-1251 x 250, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the announcement thoroughly and follow all instructions to receive proper consideration.
All supporting documentation required to determine basic eligibility and/or support a claim for veterans preference (i.e., transcripts. DD-214, SF-15, Veterans Affairs statement re: percent of disability, etc.) must be received no later than the closing date of the announcement.
Please do not submit any documents outside the electronic process; receipt of such documents outside the on-line application process will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed to verify qualifications and eligibility prior to issuing certificates to a selecting official. Work history should contain sufficient information to validate qualification and the specialized experience claimed in the questionnaire. Applicants are encouraged to highlight accomplishments that are specific to the duties and specialized experience requirements of this position.
If you are applying under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998, your DD-214 is required at the time of application.
We expect to make a final job offer within 30-60 days after the deadline for applications.
Salary wage as shown is for Rest of the U.S. (RUS). Specific wage rate will vary by location and may be higher or lower than the amount shown on the vacancy announcement. Please click the following link to search for a specific location on the General Schedule Pay Scale: http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/indexGS.asp
This position has a positive education requirement; therefore, a legible copy of your official college transcripts is required. Transcripts must be attached to your application prior to the closing date of the announcement; please include your name and the announcement number on all documents. Applicants who fail to submit their transcripts with their application will not be given credit for their education.
This position is being advertised as a Career Ladder. Target Grade is a GS-11. Position may be filled as career ladder or could be filled at full performance level.
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
Duties listed are at the full performance level
- Administers recreation program including wilderness recreation, national recreation or historical trails, development of new sites, expansion or other modification of existing developed sites, special uses.
- Plans future recreation use and development on the unit in conjunction with Forest interdisciplinary teams.
- Develops annual work plan for recreation operation and maintenance programs, rehabilitation work on existing facilities and plans for modification or addition to established recreation areas.
- Establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff members, which are clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system.
- Develops and monitors the budget for the long-range and annual work plan.
- Develops technical progress reports of findings when needed and makes presentation of the information when needed.
- Writes and reviews environmental assessments for proposed land use and development plans.