Job Title:General Maintenance and Operations Supervisor
Job Announcement Number:13R-JC-298579-DEU-OFEO
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Thursday, April 25, 2013 to
Thursday, May 09, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time, Permanent -
|FEW vacancies -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
FEW vacancies -
Front Royal, VA, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement #13R-JC-298579-MPA-OFEO.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
This position is located in the Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations (OFEO), Smithsonian Institution. The incumbent serves under the general supervision of the Building Manager and performs a variety of duties in the zone.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
* Will be required to obtain and maintain a Commercial Applicator certificate for herbicide application (Front Royal only). *
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to be rated qualified, an applicant's overall experience and training must indicate possession of the minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the physical ability to perform moderately heavy work including lifting and carrying heavy objects up to 50 lbs.; work outside in all weather conditions with exposure to dirt, dust, pollen and insects; climb ladders and stairs; and stand and walk for extended periods.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How you will be evaluated: Applications will first be evaluated to determine whether the following screen out element is met:
- Ability to supervise a full range of operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair services associated with painting, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical operations.
If an applicant meets the screen-out element, the following Job Elements will be evaluated:
- Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation, operations, repair, and maintenance (painting, carpentry, plumbing, or electrical.)
- Knowledge of technical practices associated with painting, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical operations.
- Ability to use measuring instruments associated with painting, carpentry, plumbing, or electrical work.
- Knowledge of interpreting instructions, specifications, etc. (includes blueprint reading).
- Skill in using and maintaining tools and equipment used to perform minor repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of materials used performing the following maintenance tasks, painting, plumbing, electrical, or carpentry work.
Applicants who meet or exceed the screen-out element will be assigned to one of three category groups based on job-related criteria: Best Category - Meets the screen-out element and excels in most of the job related elements above. Better Category - Meets the screen-out element and satisfies most of the job related elements above. Good Category - Meets the screen-out element, but does not satisfy most of the job related elements above to a substantive degree. This category rating process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three", but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-veterans within each category. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Category) provided no veteran in that category is passed over to select a non-veteran in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied. Veterans who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAjobs system and/or have not answered all of the announcement questions will not be considered for this position. Important Note:
Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed. To preview questions please click here.