Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This position is located in Mechanical Engineering Branch, Engineering Division of the Industrial Department at the U.S. Coast Guard Yard in Baltimore, MD.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1683-NE-KB-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
The incumbent will be responsible for the design of mechanical systems and must be able to support requirements development, concept design, and able to lead or complete mechanical detail design activities.
Being a Civilian Coast civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
* Managing design projects such as Service Life Extension Projects (SLEP) and the development of Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO).
* Performing as Contracting Officer' Representative (COR), and will develop, execute and closeout contracts as part of an acquisition team.
* Ensuring that branch work products are of high quality, and meet schedule and cost requirements.
* Providing subject matter expertise for one or more marine mechanical systems such as propulsion, piping systems, hydraulics, HVAC, heat exchangers, etc.
* Managing employee performance and conduct; mentoring employees and providing training to support employee's professional and career growth.
* Developing Formal Procurement process procurement packages for systems and equipment; Develops Acquisition Plans, Advance Acquisition Plans, Independent Government Estimates, Source Selection Plans, Technical Evaluation Reports, Justifications for Other than Full and Open Competition, specifications, performance work statements and other documents as directed by the Contracting Officer.
* Managing contract development, execution and closeout.