SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-11 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the AF's Security organizational structure, policies, principles, and procedures to effectively represent the needs of the community in career development initiatives.
2. Knowledge of the full range of civilian career management principles, concepts and methodologies.
3. Skill in the application of the full range of civilian career maangment principles, concepts and methodologies.
4. Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions and devise solutions to problems, and identify changes and trends.
5. Ability to prepare and present written and oral information clearly, concisely and effectively.
6. Ability to employ a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative anlytical methods for the assessment and improvement of the program.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
TDY is required with travel by military and/or commercial aircraft or any other mode of transportation determined to be advantageous to the government. MOBILITY AGREEMENT: These are not continuing positions and assignment duration is limited to 36 months. An employee selected for a Career Broadening position must sign an Air Force Mobility agreement as a condition of selection.
TEMPORARY PROMOTION: If the position is filled as a temporary promotion, upon completion of the career broadening assignment, the temporary promotion may lead to permanent promotion without further competition.
PCS costs will be IAW career program policy under this announcement.
PCS RESTRICTION: An employee required to make a PCS to a Career Broadening assignment will be restricted from making a second PCS for 24 months (DOD JTR Vol).
Mobility is a condition of employment. The employee must sign an Air Force-wide mobility agreement. Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyance in accordance with Joint Travel Regulations may be required in performance of TDY.
Employee must be able to obtain and retain Secret clearance required for the position.Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications
Frequent travel TDY is required using commercial and/or military air or using any other mode of transportation directed by management. May involve extended days while in travel status and long waits in commercial airports.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.