Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to perform a variety of budgetary functions involving the formulation, justification, and execution phases of the budget? Then consider joining the office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C), National Protection and Programs Directorate, Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Provide expert interpretation of congressional legislation and OMB policies and assess their impact on the formulation and execution of the budget and on the attainment of program objectives.
- Evaluate policies relative to program implementation in procurement and contract/grant processes and their practical application to budget formulation and administrative budgets.
- Project and analyze the potential effects of budgetary actions on program viability and the attainment of program objectives.
- Analyze and evaluate changes in program plans and funding and their effect on financial and budget program milestones and provide expert advice to top management on the Federal budget process.
- Apply cost estimating analysis principles, techniques and practices to budget formulation and administration.