Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1663-NE-AW-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the USCG Surface Forces Logistics Center, ESD, SSB, Configuration Mgmt. Systems Section, Baltimore, MD.
The incumbent is responsible to the Coast Guard's Configuration Management (CM) and Maintenance Management (MM) programs for Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) equipment, as well as ordnance and electronics equipment installed on all cutters and boats.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Supports the Section Chief as primary Configuration Data/Maintenance Managers' (CDMM) functional manager.
- Provides advice and guidance to engineers and other technical personnel regarding the acquisition, use, maintenance, and disposal of Coast Guard naval assets and equipment.
- Represents the Branch in assigned system and equipment logistics matters.
- Develops the guidelines to institute standardized categorizing, formatting and application of configuration item naming/numbering structures and associated technical documentation.
- Serves as authoritative consultant and troubleshooter, and as such, plans develops, and evaluates new logistics support for current and planned Configuration Identification and Control informational programs.
- Devises and develops detailed plans, goals, training criteria, objectives and materials for the long-range implementation and administration of Coast Guard Naval Engineering CDMM programs.