Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
The FDA's Office of Regulatory Affairs is the lead office for all FDA Field activities as well as providing FDA Product Centers by inspecting regulated products and manufacturers, conducting sample analysis on regulated products, and reviewing imported products offered for entry into the United States. ORA also develops FDA-wide policy on compliance and enforcement.
WHO MAY APPLY: This vacancy is open to current permanent (career/career-conditional appointments) employees of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ONLY. Current FDA employees serving under a Schedule-A appointment are eligible for consideration. Title 42 employees not eligible for reinstatement will not be considered.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action)
Current FDA Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
LOCATION: This position is located in the Food and Drug Administration, Office Of Global Regulatory Operations and Policy, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Office of the Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs located in Silver Spring, Maryland.
The salary listed in the vacancy announcement includes the locality pay.
TYPE OF POSITION: This position is being filled on a full-time, permanent basis.
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: This is not a career-ladder position; GS-14 is the full performance level.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
Incumbent will serve as a Special Assistant to the Deputy Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs carrying out the diverse responsibilities related to the mission of the Office of Regulatory Affairs and in performing special assignments. Specific areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develops and reviews highly complex legislative and regulatory proposals relating to the areas of information technology, executive operations and external communications.
· Conducts policy and program analyses of assigned programs.
· Identifies and assesses emerging, standing, complex or precedent-setting issues impacting on office operational procedures, policies, activities, and resources.
· Analyzes and expertly evaluates aspects of substantive, mission oriented programs administered by key organizations within an agency.
· Develops new ways to resolve problems in meeting established long and short-term goals, measures, and objects for overall program and project effectiveness.
· Make recommendations that often serve as the basis for new systems, regulations, and programs.