Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: Bureau of Land Management
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Phoenix, AZ, USView Map
BLM is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to join the team as a Tribal Relations Specialist.
The BLM manages more land - approximately 253 million acres - than any other Federal agency. This land, known as the National System of Public Lands, is primarily located in 12 Western states, including Alaska. The Bureau, with a budget of about $1 billion, also administers 700 million acres of sub-surface mineral estates throughout the nation. The BLM's multiple-use mission is to sustain the health and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource. This position is located in the BLM Arizona State Office, in Phoenix, AZ. We are located at One North Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ. The area has many sports and cultural attractions, distinctive restaurants, and diverse attractions. Please visit www.phoenix.gov for more information on Phoenix, AZ.
The Bureau of Land Management in Arizona is comprised of the Arizona State Office and four districts, each with its own character and challenges.
- The Arizona State Office provides technical and administrative support to field units and coordinates the accomplishment of mission critical work throughout the organization.
- The Phoenix District focuses on high priority programs associated with demands for recreation, energy and transportation, and open space.
- The Gila District runs the spectrum from rural to urban issues.
- The Arizona Strip faces challenges from energy mineral demands, invasive species and habitat conversion.
- The Colorado River District encompasses one of the largest wilderness programs in Arizona.
For additional information about the BLM, please visit Our website.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Be sure to read the "How to Apply" and "Required Documents" Sections
- You cannot hold an active real estate license, nor can you
- have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Land
- Direct Deposit Required
- Security Clearance/Background Investigation is required.