SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-12) in the Federal service.
Specialized Experience is described as experience in one or more of the following areas:
1) Project management experience related to the research, development, and demonstration of advanced electric vehicles or hybrid electric vehicles that include hybrid electric drive train and support systems (electric motors, controls, power electronics, electrochemistry, and energy storage systems) or demonstration of these systems in electric or plug in hybrid electric vehicles.
2) Project management experience related to the research, development, or demonstration of advanced vehicle fuels or lubricants.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your resume how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below.
1. Knowledge of the engineering or scientific purpose, concepts, principles, and practices relating to electric or hybrid electric vehicle development and demonstration and/or vehicle fuels and lubricants related RD&D.
2. Knowledge of project management principles and practices relating to electric or hybrid electric vehicle and/or vehicle fuels and lubricants technologies.
3. Skill in verbal communications presenting information/reports to diverse audiences.
4. Skill in written communications, including preparing and authoring reports/documentation for diverse audiences.
All qualifications and eligibility requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: Education requirements can be viewed at OPM's website—General Physical Sciences or Group Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific positions.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
This position is included in the bargaining unit
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.