The National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) National Laboratory that produces technological solutions to America's energy challenges. For more than 100 years, the laboratory has focused on developing tools and processes to provide clean, reliable, and affordable energy to the American people.
The incumbent will serve as a Project Manager in the Power & Vehicles Technologies Division (PVTD), Project Management Center. The PVTD implements and manages projects primarily in support of the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Office of Vehicle Technologies Program and other EERE Programs and activities. The position is a focal point for providing technical project management to advanced vehicle technology research, development, and demonstration projects, sub-projects or other initiatives, specifically in the area relating to electric or hybrid electric vehicle and vehicle fluids or lubricants related RD&D.
As a Physical Scientist in the Project Management Center, you will:
- Independently identify research needs;
- structure research funding opportunity announcements;
- evaluate proposals;
- negotiate new agreements and execute projects. More specifically:
- define project objectives and requirements;
- plan and prepare project documentation;
- arrange for appropriate funding;
- monitor research progress against defined scope, schedule, and cost;
- stay abreast of potential project risk events and mitigation strategies;
- analyze and evaluate project progress and results; and
- ensure project formal deliverables are of high quality.