All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Friday, May 10, 2013. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience and/or education as well as selective factors as described in the occupational/assessment questionnaire and as outlined below.
To qualify for this position you must have 2 years of general experience at the GS-04 level in the Federal Service and you must have 4 years of education above high school. Examples of general experience are progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
To qualify based on education, you must submit a legible copy of transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, course level, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking. Applicants can verify accreditation HERE .
Transcripts do not need to be official but if you are selected for this position and you used your education to qualify then you will need to provide official transcripts before you enter on duty.
You can receive credit for education received outside the United States if you provide evidence that it is comparable to an accredited education institution in the United States when you apply. For further information click HERE.
1. If new to Federal Civil Service, you will be required to serve a probationary period of 1 year.
2. You may be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued drivers license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued drivers license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year, or more frequently if management determines such need exists. Lastly, you may be required to submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid drivers licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. Please indicate in your application whether you possess a valid State drivers license.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your rating will be based on your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire and the information stated in your resume. The assessment questions relate to the following competencies that are required to perform the work of this position.
- Knowledge of office automation systems and software packages, databases, charts, graphs and statistical data.
- Ability to review and/or edit written material for appropriate format, grammer, spelling, and punctuation.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writting.
All answers provided in the online process must be substantiated in your application package, If your work history, competencies, and/or your supporting documents do not support your answer choices, you will not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough detail to support your answers to the competencies.
You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that does not indicate exact hours per week or is listed as "varies".
Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. Candidates will be ranked into 3 categories:
Category Group I (Best Qualified) - applicants who possess experience and/or education that well exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective factors and all quality ranking factors. Applicants considered best qualified must be highly proficient in all requirements of the job and be able to perform effectively in the position.
Category Group II (Well Qualified) - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job.
Category Group III (Qualified) - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: Veterans Preference applies to category rating. Within each quality category, veteran's preference eligibles are listed first, including CP, CPS, XP, and TP. In addition, veterans who have a 10% or more service-connected compensable disability (CP or CPS) are placed at the top of the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or above or if they fail to meet positive education requirements, training, selective placement factor, etc.). Applicants referred are listed on the selection certificate alphabetically (veteran's preference eligibles before non-veterans) without scores.
Order of Consideration: Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications required by the position will be considered in the following order: (1) best qualified applicants entitled to 10-point veterans' preference who have a compensable service-connected disability of 10 percent or more (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or above or if they fail to meet positive education requirements, training, selective placement factor, etc.), best qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference, and then all other best qualified applicants, (2) well qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference and then all other well qualified applicants, (3) qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference and then all other qualified applicants.