Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1619-NE-DG-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DIRECT HIRE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard Research and Development Center, New London, CT.
Serves as the DIvision Chief, Research and Development Division, Office of Contract Operations, responsible for exercising Contracting Officer authority in support of the USCG Research and Development Center.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
* Implements and interprets policies & procedures relative to all procurements and to all negotiated and formally advertised contracts.
* Initiates, administers and terminates contracts.
* Participates in planning for procurements with internal and external customers.
* Participates in the determination of the extent of which program requirements can best be accomplished.
* Determines the sources to be solicited and the method of solicitation.
* Recommends changes in programs where such changes may result in overall economics in the cost of procurement.
* Directs advance procurement planning for each procurement so as to schedule procurement workload, determine availability of sources, schedule procurement justifications and work statements, and formulates the plans for the entire procurement cycle and its time table.
* Supervises the activities of all personnel within the division.
* Responsible for planning and assigning work, and instructing and advising his/her personnel in all matters pertaining to procurement.