Job Title:Laboratory Operations Specialist - NIAID- MP
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-NIAID-MP-13-868540
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, April 29, 2013 to
Friday, May 03, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Agency Employees Only|
|2 vacancies in the following location(s):|
Hamilton, MT United StatesView Map
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Current permanent Title 5 National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases employees and individuals under CTAP only.|
NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. For
information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
There is one position located in the National Institute
of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Intramural
Research (DIR), Laboratory of Virology (LV),
at the Rocky Mountain Laboratories
Hamilton, Montana, and there is one position in the Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases (LPD), in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Laboratory Operations Specialist you will perform the following duties and functions:
- Gather and coordinate information and financial data for use by the Lab Chief and/or Scientific Operations Manager in the development of annual budget estimates.
- Develop annual travel plans and review travel requests for compliance with regulations, and prepare and approve vouchers prior to submission to the Administrative Officer.
- Independently perform assignments involving the categorization, summarization, or location of scientific information.
- Serve as support to the Lab Chief and/or Scientific Operations Manager on a wide range of administrative tasks and as a key resource on administrative and procedural matters to all Lab staff.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in
the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector,
performing the following types of tasks: assisting in gathering
financial data for the development of annual budgets; preparing
personnel action documents; reviewing and approving vouchers (such as
travel, purchase, etc.); collecting information for review and analysis;
interpreting policies and regulations; preparing scientific
information; and providing advice on administrative matters.
You must have completed a Masters or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.B. or J.D., if related.
You must possess a combination of post baccalaureate education and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
View Assessment Questions
If you qualify on the basis of education in lieu of experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed, and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education .
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: