To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the EDUCATION REQUIREMENT for the series, provide a copy of transcripts for verification, and meet either the education or specialized experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
||To qualify on Education, you must have at least:
||To qualify on Experience, your experience should include experience equal or equivalent to the following:
||a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in psychology, or other related field of study, which has provided you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities, necessary to perform the duties of this position.
- Experience planning, designing, and conducting laboratory, simulator and field research on safety related performance areas such as computer human interface, usability analysis, automation, fatigue, psychoacoustics, or vision.
- Experience with statistical procedures, tests, methods, and techniques to measure and evaluate worker and organizational performance and to recommend or develop new methods.
- Experience providing study results and recommendations on human factors research to a wide variety of audiences.
||You can also qualify based on a combination of Education and Experience
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
MANDATORY EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants must meet the following requirements to qualify for the GS-0180 series:
Degree: major or equivalent in psychology for all specializations except clinical psychology and counseling psychology.
A. Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study or specific course requirements generally as stated in paragraph A in the individual occupational requirements.
Where specific course requirements are not indicated in paragraph A, the number of semester hours required to constitute a major field of study is the amount specified by the college or university attended.
If this number cannot be obtained, 24 semester hours will be considered as equivalent to a major field of study. The nature and quality of this required course work must have been such that it would serve as a prerequisite for more advanced study in the field or subject-matter area. Related course work generally refers to courses that may be accepted as part of the program major.
B. Appropriate combination of education and experience that is typically specified in paragraph B of the individual occupational requirements. The "paragraph B" method generally requires that an applicant possess a core of educational credit, such as described in paragraph A above, plus additional education and/or experience. The method of determining the number of semester hours required to constitute a major field of study is the same as described in paragraph A.
The quality of the combination of education and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform work in the occupation, and is comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of a full 4-year course of study with a major in the appropriate field. In addition to courses in the major and related fields, a typical college degree would have included courses that involved analysis, writing, critical thinking, research, etc. These courses would have provided an applicant with skills and abilities sufficient to perform progressively more responsible work in the occupation. Therefore, creditable experience should have demonstrated similarly appropriate skills or abilities needed to perform the work of the occupation.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Selective Service: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- Probationary Period: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.