(1) Manages funds to support the maintenance and repair program. Identifies requirements, and develops and recommends operating budgets for maintenance, repair, and operations and maintenance minor construction programs.
(2) Receives, investigates, and verifies installation maintenance requests to determine propriety and approves all requests for maintenance and repair.
(3) Develops, provides guidance, and manages real property operations in all military department facilities.
(4) Manages and directs the preparation of architectural and engineering drawings covering a broad range of maintenance modifications for existing ARNG facilities.
(5) Manages and directs fire prevention and protection activities. Serves as facilities fire marshal.
(6) Implements, directs and manages the Army Energy Program, Energy Savings, and Energy Conservation Investment Program.
(7) Administers, plans, coordinates, and directs the DoD Antiterrorism/Force Protection and Physical Security standards as applicable to facilities and facilities engineering activities.
(8) Administers, plans, coordinates, and directs the activities of subordinate personnel.